Global Product Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience has an exciting new opening for a Global Product Manager to join our team in Walkersville, MD . The Global Product Manager will be responsible for defining and executing effective marketing programs and initiatives to maintain and support the growth of the cell culture media, buffers and process liquids portfolio focused on Biopharma. Responsibilities will include support, development and implementation of product marketing strategies and tactical activities required to achieve sales and profit objectives for assigned market segments. These responsibilities will be for one or more product segments typically within a specific scope.
- Work with key stakeholders across the business to deliver on customer commitments and sales and profit targets to support the complete life cycle and value chain of the assigned product areas.
- Conduct market intelligence and market development activities to support the go-to-market and innovation strategy for the portfolio. Contribute content and marketing support for new product development programs.
- Drive initiatives to implement pricing, positioning and channel strategies for the various global regions and market segments.
- Actively contribute to comprehensive Marketing Communications plans and positioning scripts to establish formal, consistent use of messaging, branding and marketing channels for the assigned product groups.
- Increase customer awareness of the assigned products in accordance with the marketing strategy. Prepare global marketing campaigns to drive sales for the product lines.
- Provide leadership, coordination and content for selected trade shows and industry conferences and expert panels.
- Generate marketing and PR content to promote products by working through outside agencies and the appropriate internal departments.
- Generate technical awareness in the appropriate departments to handle routine customer concerns.
- Respond promptly and directly to non-routine technical and business questions.
- Support the Global Sales teams through customer visits and regular communication, including participation in regional and global sales meetings.
- Train field sales representative to sell and support products within assigned market segments
Operations Planning, Sales and Performance Insights:
- Assist with the forecasting process to provide a vital link between sales forecasts and production quantities to address demand exceptions, forecast new products and assist with prioritization in the event of supply challenges.
- Monitor performance of assigned product lines to ensure revenue, volume and margin targets are consistently met and escalate concerns and required adjustments.
- Monitor product line performance at the customer level to understand trends and identify new challenges and opportunities to inform the business strategy and go to market activities.
- Provide regular reports as requested by business leadership.
- Understand the assigned product areas at all levels and keep key stakeholder groups (Sales, Marketing, Operations)
- Work within the safety, FDA, ISO 9001 requirements of the associated production sites and legal entities
- Manage projects as assigned to achieve business objectives.
- Works on complex product and sales issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Life Science Research and Drug Discovery Markets derived from working relevant industry or academic experience.
- Relevant experience in a Marketing, Sales, Technical Support, R&D or equivalent role.
- Experience building customer relationships and understanding customer needs.
- Relevant technical and market/ customer knowledge of the assigned product areas and/or target applications is preferred.
- Past laboratory work highly desirable.
- Experience working with spreadsheets and databases and familiarity with predictive analytics tools.
- Solid internal/external communication skills written and verbal and experience with formal presentations to senior team members.
- Previous experience with routine customer or client interactions in a sales or sales support function highly desired.
- Ability to work independently with some formal guidance to set and drive personal and business objectives.
- Experience managing projects in a relevant business or academic context. Formal project management training highly desired.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.