Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Cologne site develops, manufactures and markets a comprehensive product portfolio of life-science research tools around cultured cells, including non-viral gene transfer products for primary cells and hard-to-transfect cell lines. To strengthen our Research & Development (R&D) team, we are looking for a Development scientist to work on gene editing projects and the development of application.
- Independent planning and implementation of current molecular biology topics in primary cells and cell lines (e.g. CRISP/Cas or transposition based gene editing) including design and execution of experiments, data analysis and data preparation.
- Independent planning and implementation of scientific methods and approaches closely connected to cell and gene therapy applications including design and execution of experiments, data analysis and data preparation.
- Independent planning and implementation of current cell biology topics and cell-based assay approaches including design and execution of experiments, data analysis and data preparation
- Literature search; reading of scientific publications, understanding scientific background of projects
- Documentation and presentation of scientific data (summaries, reviews, Powerpoint presentations).
- Master or a PhD in Biology or any related field
- A first experience in cell biology R&D in either academia or the industry
- You are a specialist in gene editing techniques (CRISP/Cas, piggybak or sleeping beauty) and have a broad knowledge of molecular biology.
- You have a working knowledge of cell culture.
- Fluent in English, fluency in German is nice to have
- Good computer skills especially using Microsoft Office and MS Project.
- Strong attention to details, good presentation skills and a passion for science.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.