Biotechnologist (Production Support), Cell & Gene Technologies
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a Production Support Biotechnologist, you are responsible to perform production support activities, facilitating readiness of production and smooth execution in accordance to the manufacturing schedule.
This role requires flexibility to perform rotating 12-hour/weekend shift in a 2-2 3-2 2-3 pattern. You are also willing to work in cleanroom environment requiring the removal of jewelry/makeup, donning of oversuits/ coveralls, safety shoes, hair cover, gloves and safety glasses/goggles.
- Perform GMP production activities, e.g. media and buffer preparation, visual inspection of final products and other activities as required.
- Perform GMP support activities in Manufacturing areas, e.g. autoclaving of materials required for production and cleaning, material sanitization and kitting activities, WFI sampling, pH meter performance check
- Coordinates with Contract Cleaners performing the manufacturing area sanitization to maintain facility cleanliness and standards
- Perform routine area sanitization tasks as needed
- Ensures cleaners stock up gowning rooms with appropriate sizes and quantity of the required gowns and gowning items.
- Ensures waste removal from the Manufacturing areas
- Adheres to production schedule in preparing materials for production in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinates the delivery and movement of raw material and intermediates throughout manufacturing
- Coordinates with warehouse personnel on the receiving and returning of items
- Maintains inventory of consumables in manufacturing areas
- Raises Work Notifications
- Raises purchase requisitions and perform service entry in SAP
- Provides coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Trains contract cleaner performing manufacturing area sanitization
- Involves in cross-functional improvement projects
- Degree in Science or Engineering discipline
- No experience required
- Working experience in highly regulated environment is beneficial
- Principles of aseptic processing within a classified environment is not essential, but an advantage.
- Strong team oriented work ethic.
- Attention to detail
- Planning, Organizing, & Controlling
- Effective Communication - clear and concise (both written and oral).
- Team player
- Willing to perform rotating 12-hour shift pattern
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.