Customer Service Representative
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is actively seeking a Customer Service Representative. This role is responsible for establishing and maintaining exceptional customer service and customer satisfaction for standard account base.
- Provide a link between Lonza and its external customers in order to provide optimal service and guarantee total customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate and handle all customer requests and demand in order to grow our business, increase market share and reach the commercial goals.
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns.
- Provide counsel, guidance and suggestions to our customers persuasive enough to promote the benefits of additional products and/or services without being so aggressive they make customer feel overly pressured.
- Recognize cues from customer to subtly transition the conversation from service to sales when appropriate, using upselling and cross-selling skills to educate customers on complimentary products & services offered by Lonza.
- Serve as a communication link between customers and sales team to assure customer’s needs are met to strengthen the ongoing relationships with internal / external customers.
- Process and verify the accuracy of orders from customer as received by email, telephone, electronic data interchange (EDI) or other methods with the attention to detail and accuracy for accounts as assigned.
- Receive and process chats, calls and/or emails to answer customer questions, address their concerns and assist with orders or services.
- Initiate required action and response to customer requests for assistance, order changes and actively communicating updates to the appropriate personnel / departments.
- Initiate action to resolve customer issues due to order delay, backorders, etc. with the appropriate teams i.e. Accounting, Product Management, Quality Managers, Transportation, Warehousing, etc.
- Use empowerment to solve complaints in an efficient, timely and satisfactory resolution for the customer and Lonza respecting the established procedures and work instructions. Close the complaint in line with the agreed action.
- Maintain SAP customer master data by submission and updates to account information.
- Provide back up support to team for support or when out of the office due to vacation, travel or sick.
- Monitor shipping dates on all open orders, following up with internal departments to ensure prompt shipment.
- Monitor overdue orders and coordinate solutions with all departments concerned to minimize/avoid delays.
- Other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma (required); Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Working experience in Customer Service for order entry, order confirmation and escalation cases processes.
- Passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience.
- Typing speed of at least 40wpm
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills to negotiate and resolve customer issues.
- Strong attention to details, accuracy, problem solving, multi-tasking, attentive listening, and phone skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are all critical components to this position.
- Strong time management skill.
- A change agent with the ability to work in a fast-pace environment.
- Solid computer skills – Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook. SAP a plus.
- Standard business hours are from 8:00AM – 6:00 PM. Applicant must be flexible for schedule to cover 8-6 shifts. Occasional overtime may be required.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.