Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for an Office Administrator at their Quakertown, Pennsylvania location. The Office Administrator uses independent judgement to co-ordinate office activities and operations while providing clerical and administrative support to management. These activities may include: sourcing office supplies, administrative assistance, mail distribution, records management, cafeteria and recreation supplies, facilities management (property leasing) and communication systems. Requires discretion, confidentiality and a good understanding of site operations, procedures, products and people.
- Direct office activities and functions to maintain efficiency and compliance with company policies
- In conjunction with Procurement, arrange purchasing and supplies of materials for production
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining stocks of office supplies, equipment and furniture
- Troubleshoot and co-ordinate with outsourced Accounts Payable for vendor billing/payment issues
- Maintain records, documentation, calendars and files, particularly more complex or sensitive files such as employee files
- Liaise with functional/operational managers to ensure that office site services, policies, programs and activities are appropriate for current and future needs
- Carry out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, preparing documents including office correspondence, memos, resumes, and presentations
- May handle special projects and execute research, data analysis tasks and compile reports
- Onsite Payroll Liaison with Shared Services
- Build relationships with internal and external contacts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required, at minimum
- Strong communication and organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion to perform other duties within generally defined policies and practices
- Must be independent, self-motivated, organized, and demonstrate a balance of collaborative teamwork and autonomous problem solving skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.