R&D Scientist - Analytical Methods
LONZA BIOTEC sro, located in Kouřim, 40 km east of Prague, is part of Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI). Our production site is focused on microbial fermentation and custom manufacturing and development services for the biotechnology and nutrition industries.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients is seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist with hands-on approach to join our newly established R&D team in Kouřim, Czech Republic. Providing services in process development to bring customer´s technologies to an industrially scalable shape is one of the key roles. As well developing the new biotech processes to reflect market opportunities and to ensure innovative manufacturing portfolio for Kouřim site.
As Analytical Scientist, you will support process development in the areas of analytical method development, implementation, transfer and validation.
- Responsible for test methods include, but are not limited to HPLC, GC, spectrophotometry, ELISAs, qPCR methods, SDS PAGE, bioassays for enzymes etc.
- Applying fundamental knowledge of biology, analytical biochemistry and/or chemistry fundamentals including: protein chemistry, cell metabolism, cell biology, spectroscopy, and chromatography
- Contribute to customer projects by interpreting scientific data from experimental work. Deliver high quality communication to ensure an outstanding customer experience (written reports, presentations, teleconferences).
- Perform hands-on laboratory work to generate test data to enable upstream process development and purification process development
- General laboratory support including equipment calibration and maintenance, inventory of supplies, etc.
- Documentation of results in accordance with LSI policies
- Support in validation of analytical methods
- Train lab technicians staff
- Closely liase with Manufacturing Science and Technology team and Quality Control group
- Use existing technical literature to improve and develop new analytical techniques and technologies
- Master’s degree, preferably Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology or a related field;
- Strong communication, analytical, presentation and problem solving skills coupled with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Enthusiasm for establishing, troubleshooting and optimizing new techniques;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to build and sustain professional relationships, strategic thinking, business acumen would be beneficial
- Fluency in Czech and English
- The opportunity to work in a multicultural company
- Exposure to dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- The ability to make a direct impact to personal and business success immediately
- Competitive salary (including 13th salary and annual bonus)
- Excellent package of company benefits (commuting allowance, pension scheme after 1 year with company, company canteen, 5 weeks of holiday, flexible working hours etc.)