Associate Director Commercial Development (Mammalian)
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an amazing opportunity for someone to join our already successful commercial development team. You will be walking into an existing team working on Clinical Development & Manufacturing.
Are you an organised self starter, with scientific industry knowledge and a need to make things happen?
Are you great at time management and able to work as part of a team? Do you excel when it comes to stakeholder management and client focus?
If so... Read on...
Ideally we are looking for someone to develop and commercialize targeted business approaches and operative pricing strategies for various technologies, that facilitate the Clinical Development & Manufacturing Business Unit expansion strategy. Ensure the BU’s strategy consistently delivers sales and profitability growth targets.
- Drive and develop business offerings (new and optimization of existing ones) and business models strategies through deep understanding of the market, customers' needs and competition.
- Launch the offerings to commercial teams in alignment with strategic marketing, including trainings, support in customers discussions, negotiations etc.
- Actively contributes to the development of the BU strategy and manages agreed commercial strategic plans to deliver planned business growth goals.
- Provides commercial input to the long-range asset optimization plan to ensure commercial needs are aligned with operational capability.
- Scientific knowledge: Excellent understanding of the future trends in Biopharma and CMO market. Ability to present at key conferences and organize customer specific events.
- MSc in a life sciences subject - Ph.D. and MBA preferred
- Proven experience in generating business strategies.
- Strong technical and commercial international background with business experience in the pharmaceutical supply industry, including experience of negotiation.
- Knowledge of mammalian cell line development, IND requirements and CMC activities associated with product launch is a bonus.
- Ability to identify creative commercial, workable solutions.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.