Director Commercial Development (Mammalian)
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an amazing opportunity for someone to join our already successful commercial development team. You will be walking into an existing team working on Clinical Development & Manufacturing.
Are you an organised self starter, with scientific industry knowledge and a need to make things happen?
Are you great at time management and able to work as part of a team? Do you excel when it comes to stakeholder management and client focus?
If so... Read on...
Commercial oversight of Clinical development and manufacturing assets within the Mammalian network. Ensure the BU’s strategy consistently delivers sales and profitability growth targets by tracking financial performance and reacting to variances.
Develop and commercialize targeted business approaches and operative pricing strategies, that facilitate the Business Unit expansion strategy.
- Responsible for driving the revenue and profitability of Clinical Development Sub-BU P&L
- Execute on the Mammalian BSR Strategy related to assigned manufacturing technologies and assets. Drives and accountable for P&L
- Responsible for management of clients’ products and profitability against target associated with assigned assets.
- Establishes pricing strategy and contractual terms for new MSAs and contract extensions.
- Provide support for and manage the annual global strategic planning process for long term business case submission
- Support the translation and execution of the overall strategy into tactical plans to achieve the Business Unit's goals and objectives
- Align with R+D and Operations to apply innovative concepts and technologies into our assets and services that are desirable to customers and keep us ahead of the competition
- Drive and develop business offerings and business models through deep understanding of the market, customers’’ needs and competition
- Identifies competitive strategies and evaluates, adjusts, or redrafts the Business Unit's marketing plan and philosophy accordingly
- Build, develop and maintain strong relationships with critical scientific stakeholders in our target market segment to create alternative customer engagement channels
- Work closely with Sales and BU teams in formulating and presenting compelling customer value propositions to maximize probability of securing new business
- MSc in a life sciences subject - Ph.D. and MBA preferred
- Proven experience in generating business strategies.
- Strong technical and commercial international background with business experience in the pharmaceutical supply industry, including experience of negotiation.
- Knowledge of mammalian cell line development, IND requirements and CMC activities associated with product launch is a bonus.
- Ability to identify creative commercial, workable solutions.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference