Business Development Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
To proactively identify and build new customer relationships to deliver year on year revenue and pipeline opportunity growth targets for LPB- Chemical Division, API synthesis and Dosage Forms & Delivery Systems (DFDS)
- Responsible for identifying and closing new business in API and Drug Formulation & Delivery Systems businesses from customers through a high level of customer contact, including frequent direct customer visits and extensive networking activities.
- Effectively promote current technical capabilities and emerging / new technologies as they become available to facilitate generation and closing of new business opportunities. Primary means of achieving through e-mail communications, phone conversations, customer meetings where tailored presentations are used.
- Network and build trust based relationships throughout target accounts from technical personnel to the executive level.
- Work with marketing, market intelligence and technical/proposals personnel to develop strategies that ensure Lonza’s position as the leading solutions provider.
- Identify market trends, assesses market potential and develop strategies to grow market share using data from customer base / market and communicating effectively with internal stakeholders.
- Provide timely, industry leading customer support and defines and interfaces with internal resources, when necessary
- Effectively work with Legal, Program management and Business management to generate winning proposals that meet customer needs and comply with Lonza policies.
- With some combined experience in sales/business development, product development role such as program management, CMC lead, lead technologist for drug development candidate.
- Bachelor degree, prefer major in Chemistry or Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences / Drug Formulation with lab position working experience or Master’s degree.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Creative, adaptable, capable of self-motivation and independence
- Customer facing attitude. The ability to build relationships based on trust and long term commitment. Strong gravitas, particularly in specific technology area of focus
- Experience of working in and driving teams to a specific customer based result.
- Has strong personal belief and self-confidence in their ability to effectively communicate technical capabilities in area of focus.
- Energy, optimistic, tenacity, drive and desire to constantly improve selling skills;
- Demonstrates strong business awareness and commercial acumen in positioning Lonza products/services.
- Good command of English, written and verbal
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.