Business Development Manager CEE & CIS
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
To strengthen our Sales & Business Development team in Europe, we are currently looking for a Business Development Manager in charge of identifying new business opportunities for our capsules on the Eastern European and CIS pharmaceutical market.
- Identifies and evaluates business opportunities to grow CHI share in the pharmaceutical marketplace.
- Actively build the pharmaceutical pipeline in the region by proactively engaging with the main originators, generics and CDMO players in the assigned territory.
- Systematic tracking and follow-up of new capsule programs through company ERP to secure pipeline and new capsule launches.
- Generate and close new business opportunities to create profitable new business by promoting current technologies and emerging technologies as they become available
- Provides technical support and advice for the customer to select to correct capsule type and additional value added services or features.
- Promotes our portfolio actively to the main oral dosage R&D centers in the territory and makes proactively sure clinical supplies are present in a timely manner.
- Responsible for establishing the market evaluation positioning and introduction of new products, services, and technologies in the region in cooperation with product management.
- Coordinate assigned cross functional projects between Sales/NPD/R&D/Operations with the objective to grow the business.
- Works with CHI marketing, sales and product development to develop strategies that ensures CHI’s position as a multi products solution provider for customers’ existing products and new product introductions.
The position is home office based with up to 60% of travel
- Master degree in sciences or in a technical field ideally completed by and a postgraduate qualification in Business.
- Extensive experience in Sales, Product Development, Marketing and Business Development within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of pharma product development , lifecycle and regulatory landscape is required as is an active network with the key CDMO , generics and originators
- Experience in identifying market trends and establishing action plans that capitalize on those trends
- Fluency in Polish or Hungarian as well as fluency in English.
- Being able to speak Russian is a clear advantage for the candidate
- MBA or Advanced degree is a valuable asset preferred
- Must be able to work across regions and multiple functions.
- Sales driven and result oriented with a high degree of enthusiasm, creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.