Head of HR, Walkersville Site
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Head of Human Resources for Walkersville, MD will have responsibility to drive consistency with regard to human resource practices across the site. They will implement and coordinate change initiatives to support enhanced organizational effectiveness within the business. They will be responsible for coordinating and some delivery of management training and education and provide leadership in the performance management and salary planning processes.
- Provide business support on all HR related topics to the site & leadership team. Key areas of expertise: Coaching, Facilitation, Employee Development, Performance Management, Succession Planning, Assessment and Recommendations regarding policy and practice
- Works with managers to develop and understand staffing requirements and human resources plans
- Will independently manage the most senior level projects or problems involving HR
- Provides coaching to managers and supervisors regarding performance, discipline and other related matters
- Is experienced in dealing with employee relations issues and investigations and provides guidance to other team members
- Develops and delivers training in key areas of HR responsibility including, but not limited to anti-harassment training, interview training and supervisory training
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor`s degree in Psychology or other HR related area of study with a degree / diploma in HR Management / Business Management Administration / Organizational Development. PHR/SPHR is preferable
- Significant experience of HR within a manufacturing environment plus HR team leadership experience
- Good appreciation and knowledge at a generalist level of HR compliance related issues such as ADA (American Disability Act), EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity). General knowledge of state and local employment laws
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and have strong attention to detail
- Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong knowledge of HRIS (Human Resource Information System) and Recruitment Software in a high volume setting
- Advanced decision making, consistent application to make solid decisions based on data gathering
- Able to conduct complex investigations, assess and recommend employee development plan
- Team player with exceptional customer service skills, integrity and ability to interact with all levels of personnel. Requires strong attention to detail and analytical skills as well as problem analysis and resolution. The employee is living the cultural beliefs with the flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities. Is open to and actively seeks out feedback on their performance and translates that feedback into action
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.