Demand Management Specialist
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience is actively seeking a Demand Management Specialist to join our team in Walkersville, MD or in Verviers, BE. The Demand Management Specialist will perform all duties to ensure the monthly demand management processes are completed to support the integrated planning processes. He/She will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the demand plan in systems, including updating existing demand. As well as ensuring systems are updated straight forward with minimal interaction with Sites/ Assets management and continuous support data accuracy at quality standards.
- Acting as first line of contact between BU Planning / Commercial Organization and IBP systems
- Ensure demand plan is inputted accurately and managed in relevant demand systems including DPT and SAP IBP
- Key User SAP – IBP (deep knowledge on Demand Planning module). First point of call for any other users who need support, training gaps, functional issues
- Drive demand management improvement initiatives in his own area and connect within demand management network.
- Ensuring the IBP tool is used to its full potential by understanding at a deeper level the settings in the system so planning views can be set up in the best way for the business
- Active presence in Commercial Demand, S&OP cycle, Demand Review meetings
- Supporting the execution of Monthly Demand Review cycle including BU Planning decisions and updating existing demand in systems
- Create and maintain demand related KPIs and use as basis for demand planning improvement initiatives Liaise with all relevant stakeholders and functions to ensure IBP demand plan represents consensus view of future demand
- Analytics knowledge/capability to provide effective reports and analysis to support the business
- Maintain all demand related parameters and master data in relevant planning systems
- Deeper understanding of the data flows between IBP, SAP, BW, SFDC, Omni, Planview, etc. to troubleshoot or analyze
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Business Management; Master’s degree preferred
- Must be fluent in English
- Substantial experience in Supply Chain, in the fast moving consumables industry
- Significant experience in Operations, in the fast moving consumables industry
- Must have solid experience in statistical forecasting
- CPIM (APICS) Certification is a plus
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support demand management/strategy recommendations
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Ability to use demand planning systems (e.g. SAP IBP) to create and maintain demand planning module
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.