Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Research Associate will participate in a high performing, cross-functional team in the development of scalable processes to manufacture therapeutic cells. The successful candidate should have experience with cell culture and tissue isolation techniques. He/she should be able to execute cell culture based processes for the production of cell and gene therapy products and assist with tech transfer of processes to manufacturing. The candidate will also assist with development and qualification activities of various analytical methods (Cell Counting and Viability, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, Cell based potency assay, qPCR etc.).
- Participate/Assist with scalable process development of therapeutic cells. Perform cell culture work in 2D and 3D (bioreactor) platform
- Performs statistical analysis of data and prepare reports based on the results of the assays performed. Interprets results and evaluates next steps in experimental design.
- Interact with new or existing Cell Therapy clients to document and transfer new processes to Lonza sites and communicate and present the work in meetings
- Perform analytical assays including but not limited to ELISAs, cell-based potency assays, flow cytometry etc. technology transfer, optimization, qualification and release testing
- Maintains accurate and up to date records of cell maintenance and/or assay data / laboratory records. Reports results to management.
- Assists in writing and revising technical documents including lab SOPs, testing protocols and reports.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship within the operations department and other departments such as Research and Technology (R&T), Quality Control (QC), Quality Assurance (QA) and Project Management (PM)
- Supports projects within his/her expertise and experience. Develops and improves new skills and knowledge necessary to successfully support assigned projects.
- Maintains stocks of lab supplies and reagents.
- Help in maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s in Life Sciences or related discipline; Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or related discipline with related laboratory experience.
- Cell/Tissue culture experience and good aseptic technique required
- Familiarity with cell counting, Elisa or other antibody –based methodologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of biology, some statistical analysis, technical writing, laboratory equipment, aseptic technique.
- Exceptional oral and written English communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.