Manufacturing Associate (Powder Media - 2nd)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville has an opening for a Manufacturing Associate II for second shift. The Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for performing production functions in the Class 100 cleanroom (core) and Finishing area according to company and departmental SOP’s. Individual will set up and operate production equipment. Individual will maintain records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures. Individual will work in a fast-paced, safety-oriented, team environment.
- Responsible for executing aseptic processing in a clean room environment adhering to Standard Operating Procedures
- Complete documentation concurrently with completion of manufacturing processes
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks (for example, cleaning, lab setup etc.) related to departmental functions
- Perform preventative maintenance and general upkeep on equipment and facilities including environmental monitoring
- Responsible for reviewing SOPs, MBRs and other associated forms for revision
- Review and sign manufacturing batch records
- Responsible for keeping current on all job relevant trainings
- Assist in writing deviations and supporting investigations
- Assist in training entry level staff members
- Being available for business necessitated overtime is required
- HS degree or equivalent with 5+ years in cGMP environment is desirable.
- Ability to read, understand and follow the production schedule, DMRs (Device Master Records) and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures); Ability to write technical documents.
- Ability to understand the importance of compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO requirements.
- Must be able to use aseptic technique.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel). SAP and Trackwise.
- Must be able to manage time and maintain regular attendance is mandatory
- Neat and accurate record keeping.
- Written and oral communication skills, team oriented, attention to detail, independent working skills, strong work ethic.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with overtime and weekend work required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.