Utilities and Maintenance Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Utilities / Maintenance Manager has responsibility for leading either directly or through others a team of facility members. The Utilities/ Maintenance Manager is responsible for the smooth, efficient and reliable functioning of all of the operations of the plant site that relate to Maintenance Planning and Scheduling, Spare Parts, Suite and Elastomer Maintenance, Engineering Documentation, HVAC, Plant Utilities, Metrology and Energy Management as well as security, landscaping, and janitorial.
- Responsibility for the delivery of reliable operation and maintenance of all plant utilities, manufacturing equipment, HVACR systems including but not limited to water, steam, air, process gases, waste/ neutralization, process equipment, air handlers and temperature controlled rooms and equipment.
- Direct and lead the daily work of the Utilities/ Maintenance Departments including budgeting, hiring and staffing and performance management and utility billing.
- Responsible for contractor vetting and supervision in the areas of plant security, janitorial services, cafeteria services and pest control programs..
- Responsible for compliance with all current Federal and State regulations regarding Utilities/ Maintenance, acts as a point of contact for the FDA and other government agencies as well as customer audits.
- Provides all necessary planning and supply projections regarding facility expansion, including new construction and renovation of existing spaces. Investigates and drives capital and operational improvements to the site.
- Responsible for delivering plant maintenance support services, owns the plant maintenance and Metrology systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree (preferred)
- Preferred area of study: Engineering/ Maintenance or related discipline
- Advance years’ experience managing a large industrial asset base, preferable in the Pharma/Biotechnology space.
- Prior experience managing a cross functional team of utilities and maintenance personnel is required.
- A solid understanding of Facilities, Utilities, HVAC and maintenance operations within a biologics manufacturing facility. Keeps current with latest state of the art practices, regulatory trends and regulations.
- Team player with exceptional customer service skills, integrity and ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.