Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is currently looking to hire a Scientist to join our Purification Development team within Clinical Development in Lonza Singapore. The Clinical Development group is responsible for the development and characterization manufacturing processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. The purpose of this role is to execute process development activities and to provide technical expertise to support troubleshooting activities at both laboratory and manufacturing scale.
- Perform purification development activities in the team contributing to the development of processes suitable for technology transfer to the cGMP manufacturing teams. An understanding of cGMP manufacturing facility constraints and their impact on development activities will be developed.
- Contribute to process validation / characterisation activities by performing supporting laboratory scale studies, employing DoE methodologies.
- Execute approved operational efficiency projects.
- Deliver high quality communication to ensure an outstanding customer experience.
- Working as part of a site and global project team, co-ordinate multiple projects and ensure timely delivery of project workstages.
- Purification activities include affinity and ion exchange chromatography using the ÄKTA system, ultrafiltration/diafiltration and viral reduction strategies.
- Contribute to departmental safety and training programmes as required.
- Degree/PhD in a relevant Science field or Equivalent
- Some relevant work experience or PhD with some years of postdoctoral experience
- Practical laboratory experience in protein purification
- Understanding of theory and application of protein purification
- Understanding of cGMP regulations will be advantageous
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good team working skills
- Project management skills will be advantageous
- The role may require occasional weekend work
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.