Business Development Specialist, Discovery - West Coast Remote Team
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech is looking for a Business Development Specialist to join their remote team. This will be a home-based position.
The Business Development Specialist will manage a large number of low and median opportunity volume accounts within their territory. They will own the full sales cycle with their accounts using supporting functions as needed (PSS Discovery, Scientific Support, Product Manager, etc.). This candidate will focus on the Lonza Biosciences Discovery/Testing portfolio/Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT) market and identify new and existing accounts within the low and median opportunity segment that may be high opportunity volume accounts for Lonza Biosciences.
- Manage accounts of approx. 10k to 150k
- Deliver on monthly and annual sales targets
- Own the full sales cycle (identification, acquisition, implementation, expansion, and renewal) for assigned accounts within their territory
- Prospects new customers and accounts within their territory
- Manage the sales funnel from new opportunity generation through closing
- Develop mid and long term profitable business within their assigned accounts/territory
- Coordinate support resources within Lonza to meet customer needs
- Provide solutions from the Lonza Biosciences Discovery/Testing portfolio to address their customers’ needs/the CGT market
- Understand and appropriately communicate the Biosciences portfolio and Lonza’s value proposition to its customers
- Develop product knowledge capabilities, applications, regulatory knowledge, and product justification in order to be recognized as the expert in the field
- Maintain account awareness and evolving market knowledge
- Organize, plan, and schedule time to provide optimum and effective account and territory coverage
- When requested, acts as team lead to coach others to achieve high performance
- Record activities and client information in the CRM database on a daily and timely basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in sales and business development in relevant life sciences industry
- Core selling skills (prospecting, funnel management, closing, etc.), including creating customer value, consultative selling, technical selling, and effective sales presentation
- Knowledge and experience in drug discovery, drug manufacturing/Quality Control, Cell & Gene Therapy, and the biotech/biopharma industry
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office and CRM
- Interpersonal skills and comfort with public speaking in front of small groups
- Communicate effectively and collaborate successfully within own team as well as cross-functionally
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.