HR Service Advisor
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Walkersville, MD is actively seeking an HR Service Advisor to join our team! The HR Service Advisor is the first point of contact for assigned client groups. This individual acts with considerable independence, discretion, judgment and initiative in providing timely and accurate information and advice on policies, procedures, administrative and operational issues and collective agreements.
- Act as the point of contact for any service related questions from recruitment, managers, employees and other HR team members and taking care of HR request until closure (end to end including tracking and tracing). Create high end user experience.
- Provide best in class customer service, aiming to quickly resolve queries and issues, always striving to go the extra mile. Be knowledgeable of the business operation and the structure of the business, including key contacts. Provide ad-hoc support and advice in the delivery of HR calendar events (e.g. IDP, MAP, STIP, salary review).
- Use multiple HR and Payroll systems to support the resolution of customer queries.
- Share customer feedback (process related) with Service Specialist; suggest new HR technology solutions to improve day-to-day operations.
- Monitor quality of Transactional work produced by the Hubs, along with key HR Services metrics.
- Initiate changes in Workday as defined by process.
- Proactive advisory on “how to” for HRBP’s and line managers (policies, system use, etc.).
- Have regular contact and reviews with Human Resources Teams for the areas you support.
- Demonstrate awareness of the business area supported, site and local HR strategies and challenges and where collaboration is needed for site specific projects.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Global and Site specific HR policies and procedures.
- Promote the use of the case tool within Human Resources, acting as the subject matter expert for other HR teams on the case tool.
- Work within SLAs, always focusing on the excellent customer journey.
- Be able to provide guidance on a broad range of key HR processes.
- Assists with ad-hoc projects as necessary and perform any other job duties.
- Working experience in a related role
- Strong WFA skills
- Deep experience in payroll activities
- Problem solving mindset
- Strong listening skills
- Strong business awareness
- Customer orientation
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.