Global HRBP Strategic Growth Projects & Engineering
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Global HR BP (Strategic Growth Projects & Engineering) SGIE will act as a coach, mentor and HR subject matter expert, responsible for providing strategic HR partnership to the SGIE Leadership Organization in all key HR areas with focus on the full employee lifecycle from hire to retire including OD, workforce planning and driving transformation. The candidate will work closely with the Head of the Global SGIE Organization as their main stakeholder. The Global HR BP SGIE drives the workforce planning and staffing of Strategic Growth Project across divisions and BU’s in collaboration with the respective Divisional/BU Global HRBP and the HRBP of the sites. The incumbent will work closely with the Recruitment Delivery Team and other HR Centers of Excellence needed to help ensure on-time hiring of growth project resources. The Global HRBP SGIE is a member of the Global Operations HR Leadership Team and a member of the SGIE Leadership Team.
HRBP SGIE Organization
- Consultation and guidance for all people related matters to the senior managers of the SGIE Organization
- Coach and support line managers on current and future plans to design their respective organizations and put in place change management plans to help their operations be successful
- Develop and implement a strategic people plan for their organization that is aligned with the business strategies and functional SGIE needs
- Critical areas to be addressed include talent and performance management, employee engagement, succession planning. Leveraging global processes accordingly
- Establish and execute staffing plans for SGIE. Leverage talent acquisition resources to ensure strong and robust pipe-line of both internal and external talent exists to fill existing and evolving team staffing needs
- Support line management in devising and implementing change management strategies designed to drive efficiency, support growth and build high performing teams
- Establish and drive engagement and development strategies to improve employee engagement and provide staff with development/career opportunities
Global Lead Workforce Planning and Staffing for Growth Projects (SIGE)
- Define Hiring Plans for Strategic Growth Project lead by SGIE in close collaboration with Global and local HRBP from the respective division/BU that owns the investment. Collaborate with Talent Attraction/RPO partner teams to ensure that their respective resources/funding is in place to ensure on-time hiring of growth project staff
- Drive and monitor the hiring for Strategic Growth Projects executed by the RPO partner and intervene when corrective measures are necessary.
- Report Hiring Progress of the Strategic Growth Project.
- Postgraduate studies in organizational development, HR, psychology and business admin desirable
- Extensive, progressive career as an HR BP, ideally having led a transformation (or at least project / change management experience) within a modern HR organization, preferably in a fast growing and international environment
- In depth knowledge and experience in talent acquisition, compensation, organizational planning, organization development,
- Excellent knowledge of HR strategy, HR Planning & high volume hiring & HR Operations, Workforce Planning
- Strategic capability and analytical skills
- Business acumen in global (life science) tech ops environment and ability to challenge/support business plans and hiring plans (ability to challenge/support business cases and hiring plans)
- Good understanding of different cultures and ability to effectively act in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong ability to create relationships and influence Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Ability to over-come obstacles, achieve results in an ambiguous environment
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on a senior management team
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.