Asset Head Autologous Cell Therapy
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Head of Operations is responsible to direct the aseptic production of autologous cell therapy products under cGMP conditions overseeing a Site within a Site area; managing safety, quality, compliance and efficient, product delivery and financial execution. Lead a dedicated management team with full accountability for asset profitability and success. Clear accountability for performance improvements and delivery.
- Direct responsibility for the operations team and lead via a matrix organization for functions providing support to execution including Engineering, EHS, PM, QA, MSAT, QC, PWL.
- Serving as an integral member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT) the incumbent will be responsible for leading the execution of the management team, business partner and functional management teams.
- Incumbent will be responsible for partnering with customers in delivering a safe and compliant operation both internally and externally.
- Drive continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and cultural leadership.
- Partner with Quality Assurance to develop, modify, implement and operate quality systems aligned with Lonza standards.
- Responsible for attracting and retaining skilled talent; training and encouraging a team-centric environment that improves business performance.
- Must be capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where inter-departmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous.
- Capable of clearly assigning objectives, clearly setting and measuring and monitoring progress, marshaling resources and handling competing priorities.
- Experienced at establishing clear directions, leading others and bringing out their best.
- BSc/MSc in Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry or other Science related discipline.
- Extensive experience in manufacturing with several years in management position, managing teams up to 100 employees.
- GMP and aseptic manufacturing experience
- Excellent project management skills with Systematic approaches to problem solving
- Able to Break down complex problems and tasks into activities capable of being performed by personnel.
- Experience with 6S and Lean Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma Green belt preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively at all levels
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal communication, negotiations, collaboration and management skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.