Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You are responsible for providing technical and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) training proficiency and consultative guidance as a business partner to assigned Asset and/or Functional group. This position is passionate about training & committed to excellence while ensuring employees are properly trained prior to performance.
Develops an ongoing Asset Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Training Plan to define program deliverables, including justification for topics, measures of effectiveness to be used and an annual summary report.
- Responsible for site level learning and development plan for all personnel.
- Provide support in regulatory and customer audit relates to training compliance.
- Work with stakeholders to determine training gaps and formulate appropriate training programs.
- Develop training programs to suit training of different levels (elementary/ advanced etc.)
- Deliver training in: Upstream/Fermentation, Downstream/Purification and Production Support / dispensing. Specialize in 2 areas, at minimum, of manufacturing operations e. g. USP: media preparation & primary recovery; DSP: column packing & product filling
- Highly effective in designing training materials of highest quality in terms of contents and structure
- Preparation of training materials (Videos, Work Instructions, Performance Measures, PowerPoint slides etc.)
- Provide training to trainees in both classroom and Manufacturing floor settings.
- Provide mentorship and coaching junior trainers
- Provide on-site guidance to personnel during routine production process
- Provide assessment of trainees' competencies and qualifications
- Review and revise existing/ new SOPs to enhance clarity pertaining to instructional effectiveness and proficiency
- Attain trainer qualification in identified areas of specialization
- Act as Change Agents to improve the training material as part of continuous improvement to incorporate changes in manufacturing/ error traps from historical deviations etc.
- Deliver Train the new Trainers (TTT) on site as required
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/ Manager
- Bachelor Degree or above, preferred Science/Engineering background
- Fluent in Chinese and English, both oral and written
- Substantial related working experience
- GMP knowhow
- Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA) or similar (for China) preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.