MCS Support Process Technology
At Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Specialty Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our Custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than 25 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
We are looking for an EMEA & APAC regional coordinator for our Microbial Control Solution ‘s Chemical Process Development & Process Technology Unit of Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), based in Visp, Switzerland.
In this role you are responsible for the technology transfer regarding R&D developed chemical processes for new products and their applications, technical support for regional tollers, internal manufacturing support for existing products, and Regulatory support for both new product introductions as well as re-registration activities.
- Full responsibility for the coordination and implementation of projects in the field of manufacturing process development, up-scaling and commercial implementation with impact on BU level and typical project size (OPEX) of up to 1 Mio CHF.
- Design and lead multi-disciplinary teams as a project leader including BU’s Applications R&D, analytical development, safety, engineering, regulatory and operations.
- Allocates/co-ordinates work within the team/project and/or contributes to technical/professional direction for a discipline by proposing new technology developments.
- Uses a variety of advanced project management tools and problem solving techniques. Collects, summarizes, analyses data to prepare reports and makes presentations to inform and manage all stakeholders on BU level.
- Involved in customer and/or toller/supplier meetings and develops internal and external customer relationships.
- Performs lab bench work, either by self or through leveraging of others. Dotted line responsibility for development of project team members.
- Advanced degree in Chemistry or Chemical engineering (preferred Ph.D. or equivalent qualification such as a M.Sc.) including high industrial experience with strong track record.
- Broad understanding of Business needs, EHS & regulatory challenges and applied chemistry in the field of Microbiol Control. Strong customer focus.
- Excellent project portfolio management skills. Broad technical understanding and ability to translate technical improvements into tangible financial benefits.
- Strong business acumen, identification of potentials and evaluation of business cases to create and trigger new improvement projects. External network in the field of Microbiol Control a plus.
- Project leader skills (certification a plus), strong stakeholder management, entrepreneurial, reliable and convincing.
- Excellent intercultural communication skills in English and preferably German.
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.