Equipment Preparation Technician - 12m FTC
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently seeking an Equipment Preparation Technician (MST Technician) for a 12 month fixed term contract to join our Centre of Excellence for Biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) manufacturing in Slough, UK.
As an MST Technician, there is an expectation to learn and carry out the basic skills used in a GMP Manufacturing environment, progressing from supervised to unsupervised activities. You will be responsible for various duties, which will ensure that the necessary equipment is delivered to internal customers, in accordance with the work schedule at the Slough UK facility.
- Manual and machine cleaning of equipment in preparation for use and assembly of equipment as required, ensuring that high standards of cGMP are adhered to.
- Loading and unloading of the drying cabinets and labelling of clean equipment.
- Responsible on a daily basis for unloading & storing of sterile equipment across the department.
- Ensuring effective receipt of manufacturing kits from Supply Chain into the Manufacturing facility.
- Performance of area housekeeping activities, safely and in compliance with SOP’s.
- Ensure effective liaison/communication with all departments, maintaining good relations at all times
- Knowledge of GMP practices preferable.
- Exposure to working in a regulated or controlled clean environment highly desirable
- Possess a keen eye for detail and professional manner
- Exceptional organisation, planning and prioritisation skills
- Ability to adapt, multi-task and react to lab environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.