EHS Administrative Assistant
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The EHS Administrative Assistant is responsible to provide administrative and functional support to Lonza Singapore EHS department for daily routine and non-routine jobs. Additional specific tasks maybe required as directed by the Head of Department, EHS.
- Coordinate, communicate and managing EHS training including identifying class participants, schedule training rooms, notify participants and maintain all training records.
- Update and maintain the EHS communication such as notice board, cafeteria TV videos from time-to time including EHS training slides and awareness posters and EHS information in the agreed platform (eg intranet).
- Ensure routine EHS inspections are conducted based on schedule, keep reports updated. To participate in site-wide EHS inspection when required and generate the EHS inspection finding report.
- To manage, upkeep, store, issuance of PPE and EHS equipment such as gas detectors, lone worker device, SCBA etc.
- Ensure sufficient stock for emergency supplies for first aid, chemical/biological spill kit. To work with the OHN to check stock for first aid room for ordering first aid supplies/equipment.
- Raise PR for EHS purchases and perform service entry of completed services on the SAP system.
Waste Disposal Management
- Close supervision of Contractor personnel for daily Haz. waste transfer from Labs, satellite waste staging rooms.
- Liaise with Waste water sample vendor/courier, managing the sample bottle inventory follow ups.
- Manage contractor for arranging waste staging room 1253 for the incoming waste from MFG e.g. Bins, over stacked drums.
- Maintaining waste log book to provide ECO waste for Quotation/Disposal arrangement.
- Liaising with waste management vendors for Quotation/Invoice matters.
- ‘O’ Levels, NITEC or Diploma in Administration or Engineering.
- A few years’ of experience in an administrative support role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Meticulous and Systematic.
- Team player, with strong focus on safety, quality and timelines.
- Excellent organizational skills communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.