QA Team Lead
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza’s Tampa, FL location is searching for an experienced QA Team Lead to join our Quality Assurance team. As our QA Team Lead, you will be assisting and supporting the organization with initial compliance and ongoing preparation, testing and monitoring of conformance to established quality assurance processes and standards for manufacturing.
- Develop and lead a team of QA personnel to ensure support of manufacturing activities.
- Trains new hires in QA department.
- Support and lead QA on the Floor.
- Participate in client facing communications to represent Lonza Tampa QA.
- Perform Line and Room Clearances.
- Perform evaluation and testing during manufacturing including AQL and IPC.
- Participation in change controls, CAPA, investigations, deviations and OOS. Includes leading investigations, root cause analysis, and impact assessments to product safety, identity, strength, quality or purity.
- Independently author, review and approve SOP’s, batch records, protocols, specifications, CofAs, and logbooks to ensure cGMP activities are completed and documented in accordance with approved, written procedures. May also review raw materials, work orders, validation and MSAT reports.
- Works with technical transfer teams to prepare new processes; act as responsible QA designee.
- Bachelor Degree in Science or Engineering related field.
- Substantial QA experience within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry is required.
- Prior mentorship experience (this is not a manager role).
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with ability to influence people and outcomes.
- Self starter with ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.