QC Analyst Raw Materials Testing Laboratory
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for a Quality Control (QC) Analyst, Raw Materials Testing Lab to join our QC team. As our QC Analyst, you will be responsible for performing routine and specialized analytical/compendia testing of raw materials in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The individual is also responsible for working in a team atmosphere and meeting the needs of internal, as well as external, customers.
*This position reports to work either Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or Monday – Friday 2 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. based on business needs.*
- Performs routine and specialized raw material testing, including IR/Raman spectroscopy and wet chemistry analysis according to Standard Operating Procedures and Pharmacopeia methods, in compliance with cGMP.
- Records, analyzes, and reviews data related to testing. Enters data received from contract lab into LIMS system.
- Provides QC laboratory support on an as needed basis (to include, but not limited to sample receipt activities).
- Contributes to OOS (Out of Specification) /deviation investigations with supervisor oversight.
- Performs general lab support activities such as housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory/ordering of supplies. Maintains compliance with all required training and safety guidelines.
- Associates Degree and/or Bachelor in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Related Science Fields.
- Working experience within cGMP industry (preferred).
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.