Territory Sales Manager (Consumer Health Ingredients)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You will develop sales of Consumer Health & Ingredient (CHI) products for the assigned territory; introduces new products & services to customers; drives and lead internal support to customers; negotiate contracts and ensures payments; meets yearly plan objectives for the territory.
- Make prospect/customer visits to solicit and receive orders, commitments to orders and contracts.
- Visit customers to satisfactorily resolve customer complaints, accomplish targeted sales objectives, and supply written visit reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Provide market feedback to management and other key team members about competitive activities, i.e. pricing, quality, new product introductions, sales force changes, etc.
- Introduce capsule dosage forms to potential capsule users through prospect R&D and Marketing groups, with assistance from Business Development, Marketing and Sales.
- Attend trade shows and conventions to represent Lonza and support Marketing efforts.
- Provide forecast to management of customer capsule needs.
- Develop multi-department / multi-level contacts at key customers.
- Engage targeted customers and prospects from time to time to solidify business relationships.
- Manage territory with agreed-to budget controls.
- Ensures total customer satisfaction and adequate branding for the territory
- Be responsible for the timely, efficient and accurate processing of customer capsule orders, complaints and requests for information.
- Plan, organize and implement customer plant visits to ensure mutually advantageous relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, life sciences or technical discipline required.
- Significant sales experience (business-to-business sales strongly preferred) to include contacts with Purchasing, Production, R&D, Marketing and Quality
- Experience in a related industry preferred
- Understanding of GMP/CPOB and Halal Assurance System
- Ability to multi-task and manage resources to maximize territory performance
- Experienced making presentations with both external and internal customers
- Must be capable of making on the spot sales decisions through negotiations with customers that can have a major impact on the CHI business
- Must manage the team selling approach serving as the leader among the Account Solutions Representatives and the Field Service Engineers in support of all territory accounts
- Must have interpersonal effectiveness and patience in handling all aspects of external and internal customer interactions and have demonstrated the ability to be a team player
- Must be able to travel to accounts/sales meetings domestically (50%); occasional international travel may be required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.