Operator, Mold Bar
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In accordance with written procedures, and supervisory instructions, the Mold Bar Operator performs necessary duties for manufacturing and checking quality of Mold Bars.
- Operates CNC mills and lathes, Riveters, Surface finishing machines, and Buffering machines to manufacture mold pins and assemble mold bars.
- Performs routine maintenance of machines including lubrication and changing tooling.
- Performs washing and assembly operations.
- Inspects pin and bar stock, mold pins and assembled bar pins using visual inspection, gauges, micrometers, and other precision measuring equipment.
- Repairs and straightens mold bars.
- Packages assembled bars for shipment to customers.
- Responsible for the quality of mold pins and mold bars, including notifying the mold manufacturing technician group leader of quality or machine problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED
- Must score 100 or below on the Color Test
- Must have passing scores on all required Work Keys and Bennett Mechanical Testing
- Lift, push, pull objects up to 50 lbs
- Good verbal communication skills and teamwork
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.