Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Sample Co-Ordinator to join our Site Laboratory Services Team based in Slough, UK. In this role you will proactively manage and co-ordinate the receipt, storage, inventory, shipping, disposal and lifecycle of Critical Reagents.
- Receipt, storage and distribution of external samples
- Scheduling and completing material disposal in collaboration with QA
- Scheduling and completing the creation of critical reagent stocks, to include labelling, aliquoting, inventory registration, storage, working stock supply and shipping.
- Provision of data on events that resulted in a quality investigation
- Provision of evidence of changes made to data and samples in storage
- Maintenance of the cold storage facilities where material is stored, liaising with the Equipment Specialist for annual service and requalification activities.
- Completing daily temperature checks on storage units
- Completing monthly review reports on storage units
- Experience working within a laboratory environment will be an advantage
- Previous experience in similar role is highly desirable
- Knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) is desirable
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to effectively plan and complete assigned tasks
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proactive nature and a desire to learn.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.