Chemist QC (m/w/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our site in Visp we are looking for a Chemist QC (m/w/d).
- Consulting on the demand of the client in elaborated project plans (timing, phasing of approach, perform possible extra preliminary investigations, deliverables, organization of documentation and quality assurance),
- Coordination of projects and taking care for the technical realization of project steps during method transfer and consulting on projects after method transfer
- Reporting on project progress and the escalation of issues when they occur
- Initiation and completion of necessary process change controls, deviation and laboratory investigation reports
- Responsible for providing and organizing adequate training to (SR.) QC associates in order to enhance the site level compliance cGMP knowledge
- Proactive follow-up on development activities within the applicable discipline as well building up and sharing of knowledge within the QC department
- Creation, revision and review of cGMP documentation (SOP’s, Quality Instructions, protocols, reports…) based on a standard format related to quality control activities.
- Participate in project related audits if applicable
- Interface with QC employees and contract labs as necessary to identify possible improvements and assess implementation with Manager QC.
- PhD degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry or biology or equivalent education; or experienced professional with a Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in a scientific discipline
- Expert scientific knowledge in the field of analytical chemistry,
- Sound regulatory (GMP & ISO 9001) knowledge,
- Good Communication skills in German and English
- IT (incl. software used in QC like LIMS, CDS, DMS etc.)
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Change readiness
- Team player
- Customer orientation
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.