Field Application Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is actively seeking a remote Field Application Specialist to be part of our North America team. The Field Application Specialist is responsible for timely execution of maintenance, repair and installation for all reader devices & software application at the customer site. The Field Application Specialist must have extensive knowledge to perform endotoxin detection assays. This role may also include expansion into other Testing & Informatics as well as Discovery platform installation & servicing.
- Execute and timely document all field services (preventative maintenance and repairs) while ensuring appropriate testing documentation is completed, recorded with the customer and filed. This includes but not limited to Repairs, Assays, PM completion, Installations, Software/hardware updates, and training.
- Perform IOPQ’s, software/hardware updates, trouble shoot and train in accordance to Quality Manual methods and procedures. Able to identify, adapt and support unique customer quality assurance requirements to their standards.
- Install, configure, trouble-shoot/support and train on WinKQCL software.
Demonstrate working knowledge of Good Laboratory and/or cGMP practices.
Follow company established SOP’s, including contract or fee based billing as detailed.
- Coordinate travel, schedule and manage field service contracts in an assignedTerritory. Contribute as needed in open territories.
- Manage equipment required in support of T&M or maintenance situations. Maintaining all company property, inventory levels, tools, and cost including travel according to company guidelines and policies.
- Act as conduit or funnel for technical information to key departments or personnel as needed.
- This includes but not limited to first time fixes, trends, and analysis of customer data.
- High School Diploma, BA/BS College degree or field experience with experience in an industry related position
- Experience in a laboratory setting with use of instrumentation and software applications required
- Hand’s on knowledge of endotoxin testing methods and applications within the pharmaceutical, medical device, environmental, and dialysis industries
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory guidelines
- Solid understanding of quality systems and the issues associated with installation and validation of new system/instrumentation
- Ability to work and travel independently and as needed
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) with ability to articulate key technical concepts; listening skills; independent and self-directed
- Laboratory skills for pipetting, operation of endotoxin testing equipment and software
- Basic mathematical skills for calculation of endotoxin release limits, dilution schemes and allowances based on regulatory agency guidelines for endotoxin testing
- Intermediate Operation of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, CRM tools (SAP CRM a plus)
- Management of expenses and expense reporting
- Planning & Organizational skills to manage travel and appointment schedule
- Working on Customer sites as this role will require 100% travel. Flexible Hours; routinely working outside of standard M-F 8am-5pm.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.