Material Requirements Planner
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Materials Requirements Planner is responsible for exceptional delivery of continued materials readiness for all manufacturing processing and requisite support initiatives. The Materials Planner is a critical role whose contribution is also integral to all successful customer project support and who serves as the primary face to the customer representing Supply Chain.
Represents supply chain at all internal project and joint project meetings and ensures that all raw materials campaign activities in advance of, during and upon completion of all production runs are properly managed; serving to influence decisions, represent the interests of supply chain and Lonza at large and to manage the flow and organization of all information needed to ensure all raw materials requirements are met in accordance with the requisite timelines.
- Drive continuous improvement and ensure the maintenance of optimum inventory levels, avoid critical material shortages, and keep material costs down.
- Ensures campaign readiness through the management of all material requirements planning (MRP), the maintenance of system data integrity and the timely execution of all requirements for raw materials. Able to manage any commodity.
- Manages quality documentation in support of daily operations and in response to process and supply disruptions and addresses internal customer needs as required.
- Identifies, develops, and successfully completes raw materials breakthrough projects which increase efficiency in pursuit of campaign readiness and continued operational support. Recognizes smaller opportunities to improve and identifies and implements process improvements as needed.
- Assists raw materials planning manager in departmental projects, actively provides guidance, training and direction to members of the group and serves as a leader within the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or supply chain preferred.
- Strong Organizational skills
- Significant experience in Supply Chain
- Experience in SAP Highly Preferred
- Working experience in Materials Planning/Scheduling
- Strong Team Player and able to work across cross-functional teams
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.