Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is actively seeking a Research Associate. This position is responsible for development of novel products and improvement of existing products with a focus on endotoxin detection methodologies, technology transfer, and technical support.
• Develop and execute experiments including, but not limited to, assessment of enzymatic assays using a variety of detection techniques, separation and detection technologies for biomolecules, and equipment assessments.
• Develop and perform data analysis and contribute to presentations including summaries with conclusions and recommendations.
• Contribute scientific expertise and propose new ideas and product concepts targeting the biotherapeutic market, drawn from scientific literature and personal experience
• Manage technical projects according to priorities and track project progress toward milestones and deadlines
• Establish and maintain good working relationships and open communication with other departments such as Marketing, QC, QA, and Operations
• Lead and/or assists in writing and revising technical documents including SOPs, testing protocols and reports
• Support other R&D projects within his/her expertise and experience. Develop and improve new skills and knowledge necessary to successfully support assigned projects
• Contribute to the maintenance of the laboratory operation including purchasing of equipment and maintaining stocks of lab supplies and reagents
- MS in Life Sciences or related discipline with years of related experience or BS with intermediate years of experience in the required fields.
- Biochemistry, molecular biology and/or biotechnology experience and good aseptic technique required.
- Strong work ethic; demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as part of the team or independently.
- Knowledge of general cell biology, chemistry, molecular biology and various types of standard laboratory equipment.
- Familiarity with cell culture, protein purification and detection assays preferred, assay development experience preferred.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office, accurate record keeping, ability to manage multiple projects, time management skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.