Operational Direct Buyer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Tampa, FL is searching for an experienced Operational Direct Buyer to join our expanding team. As our Operational Direct Buyer, you will proactively manage the performance of our raw material suppliers! You will be working directly with the suppliers to make sure site material requirements are achieved. You will also be working with vendor escalations, vendor relations, and vendor performance.
- Monitor and track supplier performance and feedback to strategic buyers and/or category managers.
- Support the implementation of supplier changes and other initiatives led by Central Category managers and Site Strategic Buyers.
- Collaborate with the broader procurement team to ensure all relevant material and vendor master data and outline agreements are available.
- Manage all Level 2 vendor escalations, including but not limited to:
- Expediting delivery confirmation dates that don’t meet our MRP and production needs
- MRP driven delivery date “Push Out” or “Pull In”
- Late or missing PO confirmations
- Pricing Discrepancies
- Delivery and Shipping related issues and inquiries
- Manage Vendor performance, driving improvements for on time delivery, quality conformance, and other compliance items.
- Bachelor Degree required with a preference in a Science or Engineering related field.
- Significant experience with raw material management within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with ability to influence people and outcomes.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.