QC Laboratory Information Specialist (2nd Shift)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for an experienced Quality Control (QC) Laboratory Information Specialist to join our QC team. As our QC Laboratory Information Specialist, you will support the Quality Control group by managing samples, cell banks and documentation for the department. Our QC Laboratory Information Specialists will perform sample receipt and storage, coordinate /perform shipments to external customers and testing sites, create/modify LIMS templates, perform controlled copy printing and assay form creation along with reconciliation of each, receive, ship and release cell bank vials, follow through on action items and participate in problem solving of issues.
* The work schedule for this position is for 2nd shift from Sunday – Wednesday 1:00PM – 11:30PM*
- Perform sample receipt and sample storage. Segregate samples appropriately and ensure testing samples are placed in the correct location / lab
- Processes retain samples into appropriate locations for long term storage
- Performs annual inventories of retain samples, and annual defrosts of temperature chambers
- Coordinate and process shipment of samples to external customers for testing. Perform review of associated shipping paperwork
- Perform review of batch records and LIMS template requests. Create and modify LIMS templates, test schedules and MLP specs as needed
- Perform controlled copy prints of SOPs and Test Methods and create assay forms for the lab
- Manage the document process to include creation, periodic review to ensure current versions and adequate stock, to archival of records
- Additional project work as assigned and needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working experience in a GMP environment with preference to a QC Lab
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.