Global Senior Principal Scientist (Analytics)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an amazing new opportunity for an experienced Senior Analytical Scientist to join us. You will be providing scientific and technical support to customers and our own Lonza teams within our expanding complex protein programs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to help shape Lonza’s complex protein capabilities.
- Provide in-depth scientific and technical support to the LPBN network with scientific guidance on analytics to assist Proposals and Sales teams to maximize the win rate of Complex Protein proposals for Cell Line Constructions and Drop-In projects.
- Provide technical CMC guidance directly to Customers in a 1:1 setting, within the customer project team and at steering committee level to overcome or foresee any challenges to the programs.
- Support the identification of trends in customer expectations and new technologies alongside R&D and Operations functions.
- Expand Technical program understanding and expertise. Nurture existing lab scientists and junior SMEs and help build sustainable development & training programs
- Showcase and promote Lonza’s technical capabilities, thought leadership and expertise externally at conferences, meetings or webinars.
- Enable systems improvements by supporting the definition of data sources, collection methods, analysis and classification of key knowledge areas critical to successful future decision making for complex protein projects.
- BSc + additional years’ experience in a life science or engineering field.
- Highly relevant experience in pre-clinical development, mammalian or microbial analytics covering a range of rapid method development, DoE, CQA driven analytics
- High throughput screening technologies for new molecular formats, complex proteins and/or recombinant proteins
- Demonstrable track record in a biopharm/biotech company, or equivalent organisation.
- Experience of working with new molecular formats and complex proteins.
- Experienced with CMC requirements and how these are satisfied.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference