Global Technical & CMC Director (Analytics)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Slough are looking for a Global Technical & CMC Director – Analytics to join a newly formed project group on a full time basis, this role can be worked remotely but will involve some travel to the Slough Site.
The role will provides scientific and technical leadership. Translate the market technology trends and needs to identify gaps in Lonza service offering whilst leveraging deep technical understanding to benefit customers and Lonza.
You will sets the strategic vision and influence the network direction within complex protein programs and offering alongside operational and commercial teams.
- Provide in-depth scientific and technical leadership to support Lonza Pharma Biotech & Nutrition (LPBN) network with scientific guidance on analytics to support Proposals and Sales teams to maximize the win rate of Complex Protein proposals for Cell Line Constructions and Drop-In projects.
- Provide technical CMC guidance directly to Customers in a 1:1 setting, within the customer project team and at steering committee level to overcome or foresee any challenges to the programs.
- Identify and forecast trends in customer expectations and new technologies to support the technical strategy for R&D and Operations.
- Expand Technical program understanding and expertise. Nurture existing lab scientists and junior SMEs and lead the implementation of sustainable development & training programs
- Showcase and promote Lonza’s technical capabilities, thought leadership and expertise externally at conferences, meetings or webinars.
- Champion systems improvements by supporting the definition of data sources, collection methods, analysis and definition of key knowledge areas critical to successful future decision making for future complex protein projects.
- MSc/PhD in a Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical subject
- Extensive relevant experience in pre-clinical development, mammalian or microbial analytics covering a range of rapid method development, DoE, CQA driven analytics and high throughput screening technologies for new molecular formats, complex proteins and/or recombinant proteins
- Extensive experience with demonstrable track record in a biopharm/biotech company, or equivalent organisation.
- Proven reputation in outside world (scientific, regulatory, IP/legal)
- Experience in guiding and coaching customers and/or internal CMC teams
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels (from scientist to global leaders
We are willing to consider candidates from outside the UK.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.