Senior Process Technician
Senior Process Technician
At Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Speciality Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than 25 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
LSI is looking for a Senior Process Technician supporting our Manufacturing Plant in Huddersfield, working as part of our logistics team enabling the continued manufacturing / production at our site.
This role is a key contributor to our 24 hr / 7 day cover ensuring the safe and efficient production of all manufacturing units on site along with routine maintenance and inspection. The job involves the operation of semi-automated and manually controlled chemical manufacturing units and associated functions and you will be expected to drive continual improvement in all aspects of the role. This is a varied role with considerable exposure to different elements of manufacturing requirements and has scope for development in other areas.
- You will be part of our shift team, responsible for operating selected manufacturing units safely and efficiently to produce a range of formulated products in accordance with standard procedures and operating instructions covering SHE, quality, output and efficiency
- In the event of an emergency and when working outwith normal hours, you will liaise with appropriate management and on-site emergency services ensuring risks to life, the environment and property are minimised, if required
- Responsible for ensuring manufacturing plants operate in line with the current production plan, including delivery of bulk and packaged raw materials, charging of materials to operating units, setting up correct process conditions, packing off finished products and entry of data onto the SAP system
- As part of the team you will also be responsible for offloading raw materials and packages, loading finished products for dispatch and completing of all associated paperwork and SAP transactions
- You will also be required to carry out basic lab analysis of finished product and process materials to confirm that product specifications have been met and are compliant
- Carry out routine / preventative maintenance tasks and troubleshoot minor maintenance problems as required, as well as conducting routine tests on safety and production related alarm and trip systems
- You will assist with contractor management i.e. issue of permits (including the completion of required risk assessments), to allow others to carry out engineering activities
- Pro-actively driving continuous improvement in all aspects of the role and taking an active participation in any approved improvements
- Actively comply with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations, including regular contribution to the site safety reporting systems and participating in hazard studies when requested
- This is a hands-on role, requiring previous experience in the operation of manufacturing plant processes is essential, ideally within the chemical industry
- Education or experience in chemistry would be advantageous
- The successful candidate will have experience of and the ability to perform in-process analytical testing
- Engineering skills / knowledge in relation to mechanical breakdowns is required
- IT skills and experience including recording and maintaining up to date information on systems, using SAP and SCADA, in addition to standard Microsoft Office usage
- Risk assessment experience, specifically in regard to contractor management is required
- Ability to challenge the status quo and looks for opportunity to make improvements in your area of the business and beyond as well as embracing new initiates and driving successful implementation within your area of responsibility
- Plans, prioritises and organises work to deliver on time and uses knowledge of business area to make accurate and timely decisions
- Works as an active member of the team and understands what internal and external customers’ need to deliver in the role
- Takes responsibility for their own safety and that of others, specifically COSHH / COMAH sites
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.