Senior HR Business Partner (80-100%)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner. The Senior HR Business Partner will act as a coach, mentor and HR subject matter expert, responsible for providing strategic HR partnership in all key HR areas with a focus on the full employee lifecycle from hire to retire including OD, workforce planning and driving transformation. The Senior HR BP will support the leadership teams both to set up and to ensure a sustainable organization for the future.
We are currently a team of three HR Business Partners and one intern. We have a culture of high trust and supportive behavior in our team, also under high pressure situations. We experiment with new ways of working and methods to share best practice. Humor is an important factor in our work as well and well-being of each team member and the team as a whole is key. Our team is embedded in the broader Lonza HR Visp organization.
- Provide HR leadership, consultation and guidance for all people related matters to the senior managers of teams supported. Coach and support line managers on current and future plans to design their respective organizations and put in place change management plans to help their operations be successful.
- Develop and implement a strategic people plan for their organization that is aligned to Site/Global HR and business strategies. Critical areas to be addressed include talent and performance management, employee engagement, succession planning. Leveraging global processes accordingly.
- Establish and execute staffing plans. The HRBP is overall accountable for the staffing plans however the recruitment team (RPO solution) executes these plans. Leverage talent acquisition resources to ensure strong and robust pipe-line of both internal and external talent exists to fill existing and evolving team staffing needs.
- Support line management in devising and implementing change management strategies designed to drive efficiency, support growth and build high performing teams
- Establish and drive engagement and development strategies to improve employee engagement (measured by Life@Lonza AG surveys) and provide staff with development/career opportunities
- Ensure administrative support as Process champion and coordinate HR administrative duties and responsibilities with HR services supporting the site (e.g. BSO, Recruiting, Total Rewards)
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with internal clients and across the site / global HR network to ensure seamless HR support
- Monitor and continually seek to improve HR effectiveness by tracking and reporting key measures.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics, Psychology or relevant areas (major in HR preferred but not a must)
- Extensive relevant HR experience, ideally having led a transformation (or at least project / change management experience) within a modern HR organization, preferably in an international environment.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training and labor relations
- Understands different cultures and can effectively act in a multi-cultural environment
- Agile in communication with internal as well as external customers
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills and a structured and proactive working attitude, strong work ethic
- Fluent in English and German
- Open-minded for new ideas with a highly collaborative and strong team oriented attitude
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.