Head Of Engineering
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Reporting to the site leader and serving as a full member of the Site Leadership Team, The Head of Engineering is responsible for site strategy, execution and results. The incumbent will have overall responsibility for providing Engineering and Facilities Services to the site through management of engineering staff and leadership of the full department of approximately 150 persons.
- Maintenance Management and Planning Systems including responsibility for implementation of multiple capital projects which may include capital budgets and tracking and monitoring of all operating budgets.
- Serves as CAPEX manager for the site and approves all Capital Authorization Requests (CARs).
- Ensure that engineering work takes place in a manner consistent with Lonza policy and procedure and consistent with other LCM and Group facilities and standards.
- Ensure that all engineering solutions are designed and implemented in accordance with accepted standards of cGMP and Good Engineering Practice.
- Interfaces with peers at other sites to share best practices and ensure harmonization where appropriate.
- Overall responsibility for providing Engineering and Facilities Services to the site through management of engineering staff and leadership of the full department of approximately 150 persons. Ensure that issues in these areas are prioritized, delegated and followed through to resolution.
- Develops and implements systems to ensure that the Engineering/Facilities support infrastructure supports site goals. This includes maintenance systems, automation programs, drawing systems, project engineering etc.
- Responsible for establishing objectives for department and all assigned staff.
- Provide direction during the year as to the priority of these objectives and provide feedback on results.
- Make recommendations for development of skills and performance, and counsel employees on career options and alternatives.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, MS Degree in Engineering preferred or MBA
- Advanced years of experience in the field of technical project/process engineering support to bio/pharm facilities.
- Advanced years of experience with Regulatory and GMP requirements for operating a licensed bio/pharm mfg. Facility.
- Advanced years of experience in working with external design and construction contractors in executing work within facilities.
- Maintain positive attitude in a team environment.
- Act as an example of professionalism.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.