Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager. The EHS Manager is responsible for providing high-quality technical support to facilities in the establishment of sustainable EHS management systems, programs, and processes that promote a culture of EHS excellence
- Develop and maintain a strategic business partnership with key GEHS customers to facilitate and lead EHS strategy execution in support of business objectives and identify critical risk scenarios and trends in manufacturing, quality control, research, administration, maintenance and engineering operations in Bornem
- Provide a high level of technical expertise and support to the development of EHS programs, standards, technical guidance, and implementation tools. Work with GEHS customers to identify cost effective compliance strategies, provide pre and post audit support, and modify facility EHS management system elements to accomplish continuous Improvement.
- Provide support to the implementation of Capsugel EHS Management System and provide oversight of compliance with Corporate .
- Provide leadership for EHS governing body structure and regulatory framework for the Safety Committee (mandatory in Belgium). Develops a strategic relationship with all the Unions and other Key and governmental personnel. Develops a YAP and GPP for the site. Follow up of the CAPA from the committee.
- Participate in the studies and validation process of projects, installations and process changes at Bornem (and where needed, facilitate regional implementation). Provides input on issues relating to EHS and technical solutions. Pilots EHS projects to promote EHS engagement and continuous improvement. Participates and support all projects to achieve Environmental compliance in Bornem based on the local regulation.
- Promote EHS through Safety Campaigns and events. Participates in the monthly Management Reviews. Contributes to internal and external communications concerning impact of activities or products on people and environment.
- Sets annual EHS Goals and performance expectations for the Bornem site, develops the EHS programs and EHS plans, budgets the activities of the EHS departments.
- Organize yearly Safety sessions for all employees concerning the performance of the plant, projects status, and pareto analysis on all type of incidents.
- Bachelor degree or Master’s degree in safety engineering, environmental engineering, science, or engineering.
- An extensive experience in EHs within a manufacturing environment.
- A certification in Safety Expert at least level I.
- Fluent in Dutch and in English.
- You are a passionate about EHS, have experience working with cross-functionnal team and have excellent communication skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.