Field Service Engineer
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As Field Service Technician, role will be required to schedule and execute service events for instruments in-house at Lonza facilities, as well as to those in the field, in order to minimize down-time of related cellular manufacturing processes. Role will oversee the maintenance and repair of instruments within the assigned territory, providing ongoing direction and guidance to customers in order to facilitate successful routine maintenance and repair, and performing necessary service as needed. Completion of documentation for each service event is also required.
Additionally, assistance in the development and update of service related documentation including manuals, protocols, procedures, training, and online documentation systems is required in parallel.
- Schedule and ensure successful completion of service events in your geographical territory:
- Installation and Operational Qualification
- On-demand Service Visits
- Preventative Maintenance
- Dispensation of parts to customer site for instrument upkeep.
- Maintain service tracking system for Instruments:
- Maintenance tracking for each Instrument should capture any details about that Instrument
- Observations, maintenance, quarantined or repaired parts, root cause, troubleshooting method, adjustments to calibration values, etc.
- Ensure digital copies of instrument Device History Records are up-to-date
- Contribution to revision of service procedures and documents based on gathered service data
- Continued development of tool kits, spare parts kits and moving cases
- Collaborate with relevant groups (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, etc.) to assist in efficient and timely completion of cross-functional projects
- Provide guidance and mentorship to incoming Field Service Technicians
- Willingness to travel in the APAC region for service related events
- Actively seek out opportunities to upsell service packages and turn in opportunities to Sales team.
- Bachelor degree in Biotechnology and/or any other relevant areas.
- Relevant working experience in equipment/ machinery installation and commissioning in the cGMP environment.
- Experience in health care based manufacturing system would be a plus.
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing departments to arrange support activities. Able to conduct sales presentations at customer sites. Support customers inquiries, provide trainings to internal and external customers.
- Create and maintain SOP, Risk assessment for process or procedures.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Structured, proactive and collaborative working attitude.
- Excellent inter-personal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel in the APAC region.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.