QC Senior Scientist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for a QC Biochemistry Scientist to join our growing QC team. As our QC Scientist, you will act as a senior team member of the Quality Control department to support technology transfer, validation, deviation support, and investigation projects. You will also be performing high-level laboratory work and will be the Subject Matter Expert for one or more of our disciplines. This role works with both internal and external clients and will work with training on internal analysts.
- Ensure success of method post technical transfer, including training of personnel for execution and review, review of data, and completion of documentation
- Perform assay work and author protocols and reports for transfers, validations, investigations and routine testings
- Leads the set-up and verification of electronic equipment, templates, forms for transfers and forms for validations
- Participates in project team meetings
- Train junior staff on new methods from tech transfers
- Bachelor or Advanced (MS/PhD). Preferred area of study in Biology, Biochemistry or Related Science Fields
- Working experience with various analytical techniques (HPLC, iCE, CE, ELISA, and Bioassays)
- Working experience with performing industry investigations/deviations
- Strong working experience with analytical method validations
- Working experience with training analysts on new transferred methods
- Working experience within cGMP industry
- Previous experience using GMP Quality Systems (ex. TrackWise)
- Experience with lab-based software systems such as: LIMS, Empower, Softmax; including validation of templates within these systems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate across multiple teams and projects
- Experience with speaking publicly. Able to maintain control of meetings as required
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.