Automation Controls Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Controls Engineer is responsible for the support of ongoing Lonza operations through technical assistance as it relates to the manufacturing and process automation systems. The individual will provide a technical resource to operations customers to ensure that instrumentation and automation systems are designed and operating to meet production needs.
- Planning and execution of plant projects involving complex equipment changes and significant process improvements.
- May be involved in capital projects or initiation of CARs
- Controls lead for tech transfers
- Provides mentorship and training to more junior members of the group
- Performs in a supervisory role when required (project or Automation group)
- Provide SME support to Manufacturing and other departments for the design and operation of process automation equipment.
- Support resolution of equipment breakdowns and quality issues in the suites
- Conduct troubleshooting and technical analyses on manufacturing equipment and processes automation systems including PI data analyses, review/troubleshooting code, etc. both during normal business hours and as part of an on-call rotation.
- Performs all work safely and meets the requisite training requirements.
- Participates in IPT/JPT in addition to other meetings as the Controls representative
- Participates in audits and inspections as sole Controls SME
- Owns and executes completion of CAPA actions
- Initiates change controls and participates in all aspects of the change controls process.
- Review SOPs, Functional Specifications, and work instructions
- Remain up to date on all assigned training activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree required
- Troubleshooting and technical analyses on manufacturing equipment and processes automation systems
- Technical competence with 1 or more automation systems
- Controls or Automation experiene
- Delta V experince preferred (batch, programming, maintenance)
- GMP experince preferred
- Experience with change controls.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.