Commercial Development Lead, Tissue & Cell Acquisition
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Commercial Development Lead, Tissue & Cell Acquisition will be responsible for ensuring the right offers, operational models, positioning and targeting activities ensure Tissue Acquisition business growth in revenues and profitability.
- Review current offerings, ensure the sales team is trained and understand the offers, targets the right customers and projects. Ensure new offers are created to bring value to customers either through R&D, M&A or operational models and different positioning of existing capabilities.
- Ensures the business has the right investment and sales strategy for success. Rolls out sales & marketing tactics for P&L optimization
- Pipeline funnel prioritization and selection, geographic expansion
- Work closely with the Marketing and business analysis teams for the right segmentation and targeting, marketing strategy development
- Work closely with Marketing function understands and defines opportunities (customers, products, markets) to grow business
- Contribute to the development of business unit (BU) strategy
- Manage the portfolio (customer projects) to optimize GP/capacity management
- Determine alternative business model(es) for implementation by Sales
- Determine operating model (slot/batch/campaign) and business guidelines (T&C).
- Set priorities during acquisition of new business and provides Go/no-Go decisions on RFPs & proposals
- Give guidance and instruction to sales force on how to fill/use available capacities
- Work closely with Marketing function prepares business case & is accountable for launch of new service offerings in line with Go to Market Excellence (G2ME) process
- Collaborate for cross selling opportunities between BUs
- Provide forecasting of demand from new and existing business
- Monitor and analyze Sales activities against goals, providing guidance and direction on corrective actions as necessary
- Perform lifecycle management of the offerings, from identification of new opportunities through commercialization & active sales, and discontinuation
- Facilitate representations of Lonza, its strategies, technical and scientific expertise, products and services in the pharma/biotech industry
- Bachelor's or Master’s degrees in life sciences, biology, biochemistry, genetics, or related field. MBA or a masters is a plus.
- Significant experience in commercial, business development with manufacturing or technical background in cell and gene therapy field.
- Marketing and business strategy experience in the life science industries is a plus.
- Experience in pharma/biotech manufacturing (chemistry and/or biology) industry.
- Excellent understanding of the cell and gene therapy field and industry challenges
- Strong with numbers and financials, costing of projects, contract terms and implications of those terms on profitability
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with cross-functional teams to establish deliverables, timelines and hold self and others to a quality, on-time delivery.
- Important to have project management skills and follow through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and expert level Office application knowledge (MS Excel/VBA, and MS Power Point).
- Ability to establish and maintain key relationships with external and internal business leaders.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.