Internship Business Unit Analyst
At Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Specialty Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our Custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than more than 30 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
For our SCS Business Unit Controlling Team in Visp/Basel, we are looking for an intern for a duration of 6 to 12 months. The internship offers students the opportunity to work side-by-side with experienced finance professionals in a multinational and fast-paced environment.
- Supports controllers in all relevant financial planning and analysis processes such as mid-term planning, annual budgeting, monthly outlooks, closing reporting, variance and analysis reporting, contribution reporting and other activities
- Analyses business performance and highlights key areas of interest for improvement or monitoring
- Develops financial models and ad-hoc analysis to support projects and decision making
- Works together with other finance and controlling professionals at production sites around the world
- Partners effectively with other functions such as sales and marketing, sourcing and others
Qualifications and skills required
- You have a Bachelor or a Master degree in Finance, Accounting or Controlling
- You are a motivated and resourceful team-player who is eager to gain professional experience
- You bring strong analytical skills as well as a very precise and efficient work approach
- You offer excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or German
- You have a good command of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint (knowledge of SAP & BW would be an advantage)
- You are available for at least 6 months (ideally 12 months)
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?