HR Shared Services Lead, EMEA
United Kingdom, Manchester
United Kingdom, Slough
HR Shared Services Lead, EMEA
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a HR Shared Services Lead, EMEA to drive the operational performance of HR Services across the region, based from our Shared Service Centre in Manchester. You will ensure a high level of quality and compliance in our processes and procedures, while working across different countries to achieve excellent performance standards. With your exceptional relationship building ability and analytical approach, you will manage complex Stakeholder relationships and provide management information reports to relevant members of the leadership team. As a strong People Leader, you will motivate and guide Team Leads and individuals in their personal performance and development, as well as developing and enhancing the Payroll and Service Advisory models in line with Lonza’s strategic direction.
- Lead the HR Service Advisory team across EMEA and drive, via the regional Payroll lead, the performance for Pay/Time delivery in the region
- Take accountability for business escalations within the region to in a timely and accurate information and resolution to key stakeholder groups
- Proactively manages resource requirements within the teams to ensure optimum performance against budgetary requirements
- Develops and enhances the Service Advisory model to introduce services such as Employee Relations advice
- Works with Head of HR Services EMEA & Americas to develop the region, standardize processes and improve efficiencies within team performance; also collaborating with the global process teams
- Ensure Managers, employees and HR community are proactively informed and upskilled on issues, systems, changes, processes and tools
- Experience of leading a HR Advisory Service within a complex global Shared Service environment
- Ability to lead, engage and motivate a team in multiple locations
- Experience of developing a professional advisory function which is scalable and flexible to meet changing needs of the company
- Ability to deliver results, dive deep, invent and simplify, and insist on the highest standards
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent relationship building ability
- Strong analytical skills to identify issues and take appropriate mitigation actions
- Solid organizational and project management skills
- Experience using Excel including V-look ups, pivot tables, macros, and other complex functions is advantageous
- CIPD qualified
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.