Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is actively seeking a Manufacturing Associate for first shift. Responsible for participating in upstream and/or downstream aseptic manufacturing of LAL products in a ISO 5 environment according to company and departmental SOPs. Performs set-up and operate production equipment in the LAL Filling and Finishing areas. Performs product inspections and final kit packaging of finished goods.
- Operating in a safe work culture (safety chats, safety and EPS observations, 6S)
- Completion of LAL Cleanroom General Training
- Aseptic processing/gowning
- Cleanroom Equipment Set-Up and Usage
- Environmental Monitoring
- Qualification of SAP Transactions (COR3, COR6, MIGO, LS26)
- Completion of LAL Finishing General Training
- Finishing Equipment Set-Up and Usage
- Qualification of SAP Transactions (COR2, COR6, MIGO, MB1A, LB01, LS26)
- GMP Documentation practices
- Product Sample Submission
- Inspection Proficiency Testing
- Inspection Process
- Component Kitting Process
- Continuous Improvement Projects
- Perform job functions with minimal operator related PRs
- Perform aseptic processing with minimal operator related personnel excursions (EM)
- Understand basic level of LAL process flow
- Achieve yearly personnel utilization target
- Maintain training compliance to meet yearly target
- Must be able to demonstrate GMP documentation practices (minimal document errors)
- Must be able to follow standard operating procedures and complete production records
- Understand compliance in the execution of GMPs in a manufacturing environment
- Comply with all safety policies and general regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Knowledge of cGMP
- Required to lift 50 lbs. from floor
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, high workload environment, and be able to manage multiple projects and objectives for on-time event closure.
- Must work well on a team, and be able to trouble shoot and problem solve in a cross-functional team setting.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.