Material Requirement Planner
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using Cytiva (Formally GE Healthcare Solutions). With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. The two companies will work closely on the design of the 17,000 m2 site, which will include 6,500 m2 of lab space and one KUBio facility. With more than 20 successful FDA approvals for biologics, combined with international regulatory expertise, Lonza will now be able to offer the same high standards in China as it does elsewhere. Lonza plans to hire and train a significant number of staff for this site.
- Responsible for implementation and best practice for procedures and controls to manage the overall inventory levels and availability for all material types in site.
- Make recommendations for improvements to ABC stratification and Safety Stock levels by site
- Work with the procurement organization to optimize delivery plans
- Generate site inventory and SMOG Plans through collaboration with regional SC&PM teams and Global Inventory Manager
- Work with logistics and distribution to optimize transit lanes with the goal of reducing overall inventory
- Oversee site inventory integrity results through ongoing validation processes
- Identify Root Cause and implement corrective actions for out of tolerance items
- Implement policies and procedures to mitigate site excess inventories
- Perform all routine tasks to convert planned orders into material plans including the creation and management of material planned requirements
- Liaison with Supply Planner and Schedulers to ensure all material plans are up to date and responsive to changes in material requirements
- Creation and maintenance of detailed material planning parameters in Planning systems
- Conversion of the material requirements plan (purchase requisitions) into Purchase Orders
- Expediting material availability through liaison with procurement and teams involved with inbound material processing
- Creation and management of material related KPIs and measures to ensure accurate understanding of material availability
- Execution of key material availability, mobilization or write actions to support optimal management of inventory while reducing scrap/waste
- Track, report and facilitate on-time material availability including testing and release for production
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Supply Chain Management or Business Management
- Significant experience in purchasing order execution and planning function in supply chain area
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support inventory management/strategy recommendations
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong negotiation skills, have good control in goods delivery timeline
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.