Manufacturing Associate (Material Handler)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is actively seeking a Manufacturing Associate (Material Handler) for first shift. Responsible for participating in finishing and packing process of Media products in according to company and departmental SOPs. Performs set-up and operate production equipment in the Media Finishing areas. Performs product inspections and final kit packaging of finished goods. Majority of work is performed outside of ISO 5 controlled areas.
- Set up and operate finishing production equipment
- Must be able to follow standard operating procedures and complete production records
- Must be able to demonstrate GMP documentation practices (minimal document errors)
- Be able to gown aseptically and provide basic level aseptic process support
- Perform cleaning of production tanks and associated equipment
- Wrap and assemble filling materials in preparation for autoclaving
- Performs material transfer activities, such as deboxing, disinfectant of cleanroom materials, and transfer for staging
- Assist in drum filling / finishing operations when required
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks (for example, cleaning, lab setup, etc.) related to departmental functions
- Responsible for keeping current on all job relevant trainings
- Maintain accurate production bin inventory in responsible area
- Provide information related to deviations to support investigations
- Being available for business necessitated overtime is required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Knowledge of cGMP
- Required to lift 50 lbs. from floor
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, high workload environment.
- Must be able to read and follow defined SOPs and policies, work independently and as part of a team on various manufacturing tasks, identify and communicate non-routine events.
- Must be proactive, action oriented, and have the ability to adapt to a change.
- Must have strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Must be able to support other members of the team through mentoring and training.
- Must work well on a team, and be able to trouble shoot and problem solve in a cross-functional team setting.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.