Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Data Engineer will support the Digital Transformation team’s Data collection and aggregation requirements and advising on associated hardware and systems requirements. In this role, you will perform routine analytics under the leadership/guidance of other Statisticians and Data Scientists within the department.
- Support of Digital Transformation team’s data collection, aggregation, and ETL requirements.
- Making associated Hardware and systems recommendations
- Performing routine analytics/hypothesis testing under the leadership/guidance of Statisticians’ / Data Scientists’ roles within the department.
- Assembling requisite data via multiple systems in support of cutting edge analytics relating to projects that touch upon various disciplines involved with the manufacturing of bio-pharmaceuticals
- Coding for querying and assembling data for requisite (and automated) analytics
- Technical writing including presentations
- Problem solving and routine statistical analyses
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline
- Significant data engineering experience, biotech or similar GMP manufacturing environment desired but not required.
- Technical writing and presentation skills geared toward an uninformed but educated audience.
- Planning / prioritization of multiple projects.
- Working understanding of data aggregation methods, formats, and ETL.
- Data aggregation/assembly/ETL.
- Hadoop, Java, SQL, MATLAB, MINITAB, SPSS, STATISTICA, SVB
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.